Do you Love having your friends and family over for barbecue night on the weekend and want to enjoy the best pellet smoker recipes? We all do! But the highlight of these barbecue nights is not the setup or the music, but the delicious smokey dishes you cook for your guests! The food is the most important part.
Cooking the perfect dishes not only requires high-quality equipment and ingredients. In fact, the perfect recipe is what it takes for incredible tasty food. Here we have some fantastic, easy to follow pellet smoker recipes to make mouth-watering barbecue dishes for your guests in no time.
Best Pellet Smoker Recipes
1. Smoked Turkey
With the Thanksgiving holiday coming up, everyone’s looking for a good turkey recipe. And what’s better than the perfect smoked turkey right off the grill. With this mouth-watering recipe, your Thanksgiving dinner will surely be lovely.
● 1 whole turkey
● 1 cup turkey rub
● 1 ½ tbsp garlic ( minced)
● 1 cup of sugar
● 2 tbsp canola oil
● ½ cup Worcestershire sauce
- Before you start cooking, make sure the turkey is either fresh or completely thawed if frozen. Similarly, make sure to remove all the giblets before going further.
- In a big bucket, pour in 3 gallons of water and add in the rub for the turkey, followed by the Worcestershire sauce, the garlic, and sugar. Keep mixing all of these until you completely dissolve the sugar in the water. This makes the brine for the turkey.
- Now, place your turkey with the breast side facing downwards into this brine. Make sure to use a container shape that allows the turkey to be submerged into the brine. Cover it and pop it into the refrigerator to let it stay there for the night.
- When sufficient time has passed, take the turkey out of the brine solution and dry it up. Once dry, rub the canola oil onto the turkey, covering the entire outer surface, and place it on an aluminum roasting pan.
- Preheat your grill while the lid is on, for at least 15 minutes at a temperature of 225 degrees. When you are ready to place the turkey onto the grill, set the temperature to 180 degrees and let it smoke for 2.5 to 3 hours to get that tender texture and smokey flavor.
- Once sufficient time has passed, increase the temperature to 350 degrees to grill the turkey for another 3.5 to 4 hours. Or you can manually check by using the temperature probe to check the temperature of the thickest piece of the turkey, usually the breast. It should be 165 degrees for you to turn off the grill.
- Now, you can take off the turkey from the grill and let it rest for about half an hour. Once rested for an adequate time, you can start carving the turkey and garnish it to your liking to serve your guests.
2. Rosemary Prime Rib
This yummy beef dish is perfect for any weekend family dinner. With this perfect recipe, you will surely put up a star dish for your guests to enjoy. All you need is a pellet smoker and some fresh ingredients to create the tastiest ribs in no time.
● 6 pounds ribs
● 3 tbsps olive oil
● 3 tbsp tri-color peppercorns
● 2 ¼ rosemary sprigs
● 2 ¼ thyme sprigs
● ⅜ cup garlic ( minced)
● ⅜ cup smoked salt
First and foremost, turn your smoker onto the smoke setting for at least 5 to 10 minutes, keeping the smoker’s lid open. After this, you should turn the smoker to HIGH setting.
Take the piece of the rib and cut it into two halves. For a few minutes, sear these halves in some olive oil on the high heat grill until the meat’s color appears to be dark golden.
On the side, put the peppercorns into a bag and tie it up lightly to prevent the peppercorns from falling out. Now take a rolling pin and crush the peppercorn with a rolling motion. Continue this process until all of the peppercorns are finely crushed.
Now, remove the leaves from the rosemary and thyme and mix them into the crushed bag of peppercorns. Also, add in the salt and garlic afterward and mix all of these ingredients well together. The rub for your ribs is ready.
Now, take the ribs and lightly cover them with some olive oil to prep them for the rub. Take the rub and pour it on the rib loin with a patting motion to thoroughly cover the meat.
On high heat, grill these marinated ribs for a good 20 to 30 minutes. Now lower the heat to 300 degrees and let the meat cook on the grill for 30 to 40 minutes. You can use a thermometer to check the internal temperature of the meat. Once it shows 125 degrees Fahrenheit, you will have a scarce/ medium cooked beef portion ready.
You can now remove the ribs from the grill. Allow it to rest for at least 20 minutes, after which you can slice it up according to your liking and serve it with your desirable garnishing.
3.Grilled Asparagus And Spinach Salad
Not a meat fan? Don’t worry! We’ve got something for our veggie lovers as well. The grilled asparagus and spinach salad is the perfect dish that will give you your favorite smokey taste and an amazing barbecue experience without using any beef or poultry.
● 3 ounces apple cider vinegar
● 6 ounces apricot barbecue sauce
● 1 ½ bunch asparagus ( trimmed and cut into one third)
● 2 ¼ ounces olive oil
● 1 ½ ounce beef rub
● 18 ounces baby spinach
● 3 ounces pecans (candied)
● 3 ounces feta cheese
Firstly, mix the apple cider vinegar with the apricot barbeque sauce to create the salad dressing. Keep this on the side while you turn towards the cooking.
To start cooking, turn on the grill and set the temperature to 350 degrees Fahrenheit to preheat the grill for about 15 minutes, keeping the lid on. Then put in the asparagus, brushed up with some olive oil and beef rub, into the grilling basket.
Continue grilling the asparagus for about 10 minutes or until you think it is cooked according to your liking. Take these out and place them directly into the bowl of spinach.
Now add in the candied pecans and the feta cheese. Also, add in the salad dressing that you had prepared earlier. Mix all these ingredients well for even distribution. Your yummy and healthy grilled asparagus and spinach salad are ready to be served.
Frequently Asked Question-
What is the best thing to cook on a pellet grill?
Smoked brisket is one of the best mouth-watering dishes that you can create using your pellet smoker and that too without any professional skills or complexities.
What can you cook in a pellet smoker?
To give a smoky flavor to your food, some of our favorite dishes that you can create on your pellet smokers are spicy chicken wings, grilled beef steaks and even tacos!
Are pellet grills bad for your health?
Pellet grills have the same health concerns as any other grills. Therefore, If grilled properly the chance of having any kind of adverse effect from pellet grilled food on your health is very low.
I hope you would have liked our best pellet smoker recipes mentioned above. Enjoy your cooking on pellet smoker with these delicious recipe and have fun.